Friday, February 20, 2015

Chapter 29. Sowing the Seeds for Departure

Latarra and I had really gone at it the night before, and while I woke up first to wash my face and let the servants in with her breakfast, it was really tempting to crawl back into bed with her, but I didn't.

My neck was a bit sore and I stretched it out a bit and spent a few moments admiring Latarra's sleeping body sprawled out on the bed.  She really was beautiful at rest, especially her firm backside.  In the past, Tar had marveled about my own body. The contrast between my my muscles, especially my thighs and my huge breasts was something she took particular delight in, but up until the night before, I'd never really given her own body the attention it deserved. Latarra was not a big woman, even by human standards.  Her breasts, just about the only fat on her body, were modestly sized, as were her hips.  When she was awake, her tiny body was a bundle of dense and deceptively powerful muscle, but at rest like that, she could easily have passed for an athletically built teenager. 

After a few minutes, she stirred, and then sat up and stretched, like a cat, almost, and then, smiling at me, walked over to the table naked and started to eat.  I joined her, and for a few moments, we talked about what worked and didn't work the night before, laughing and giggling.

But when she'd finished eating, she kissed me and put on her riding leather, giving me the rundown on what she had to do.  When she left, I sat there, realizing I couldn't keep this up forever, brand or no brand. I couldn't just be a pet to be taken  out and played with, no matter how much fun the play was.

I put on a tunic, roused my guards and went to go see Kurt, or more precisely Pongo.  And when the servant said Kurt was out, I stopped for a moment to think and then turned to my guards.

"I'm going to go talk to my friend" I said, "and if you guys aren't good with that, I'll try not to hurt you."

Frick and Frack looked at each other for a moment, and then Frick replied.

"We can't let you" he said, his voice trembling as his hand went to his sword.

"I was afraid of that" I replied, grabbing both men's right wrists and then, transferring both to one hand while their feet dangled, removing their swords.  Then I set them down.

"Is that good enough? Or do I have to get rough?"

Frack tried to bolt and I grabbed him and gave him a punch to the stomach which left him on the floor moaning.

Frick looked at me and put his hands up.

"How about you take me with you, like as a hostage, please?"

I grinned and gently shoved him in the door to Kurt's apartment.

Pongo greeted me with a smile and offered me a glass of wine, which was sitting on a small table close to the bed he was shackled to.  It was a fairly long chain, and we talked about that, as well as Kurt for awhile.  Pongo was a changed man for certain.  As soon as he saw me free and listened to my story, he started to cry.

Kurt had been talking about branding him, offered him a life as his slave, and Pongo had refused, being unwilling to accept it, not for his own sake, but for mine.  It was all very sweet, but also quite bizarre to see Pongo, my old friend, reduced to this.  I'd always known Pongo had a soft spot or two underneath all that masculine muscle, but it seemed Kurt, or at least what Kurt had done to him had turned the massive warrior into an emotional little girl.  By this time, I was really glad I hadn't drunk any of the wine Kurt had provided him.

At about that time, Frack, along with a couple of other guards came in, but to his credit, Frick intervened and got them to wait until I told Pongo goodbye to "take me into custody."  As they walked me back to Latarra's rooms, there were now a total of six guards on me, two of which were carrying crossbows.

I know I should have been a good girl, but the men were so nervous, I just couldn't resist stopping abruptly, turning around, saying "boo"  and watching them jump.

That evening, Latarra came in late and stripped off her clothes, ordering the girls to fetch us dinner.  She looked at me long and hard once, and then didn't make eye contact until after she'd put on a house tunic and dictated some correspondence. Then, finally, she sighed, got up from her desk and came over to me.

"You saw Pongo" she said, "and I'm guessing you've got all sorts of ideas bouncing around in that big head of yours about what's happened to him.  Am I right?"

I nodded and was about to ask one, but she cut me off.

"Let me cut to the chase. Kurt's been giving him Polonaise for a long time and if you've got any notions of escaping with Pongo, you should think twice.  Without regular doses, he'll start having fits, fevers, and, well, even if he would live through the withdrawal, he'd never be up for traveling."

My face likely got pretty red and Latarra discretely took a step back.  I'd never really lost my temper with her, but she knew how strong I was.

"If you stay ... no, whether you stay or not, I'll do my best Fiona, to see that Pongo is taken off the Polonaise properly.  I can't guarantee anything and there's a good chance he'll never be like he was, but I owe you that much.  Its a nasty drug, but quite useful when given in small doses.  Long term use is something else."

"Thank you" I said softly, not quite sure what to make of the if I stay or not.  As usual, Latarra was way ahead of me in terms of thinking.

"If you go, Fiona" she said after a long pause, "I can help.  Not openly, of course, but I've thought about this as well.  We can pick a time and place,to give you a head start, and, uh, I was kind of hoping, to avoid either an actual fight between us, or too much of a loss of face for me."

"Tar" I said looking up as I took in what she'd said, "I haven't made up my mind yet.  And I wouldn't ..."

Latarra walked over and squeezed my arm.

"I'm still sort of hoping you won't take me up on it, Fiona, but after what happened to Pongo, I don't see staying here in Thundertarr being a workable thing for long.  You're a sweet girl, Fiona, sweet like a human, which I love about you, but eventually, the sex won't be enough, and I can't change what I am.  Nor can you.  What I'm saying is, if you do go, it doesn't have to cost either of us our necks."

After dinner, Latarra brought in Matu, I think knowing I wouldn't take her up on the offer, but she did it anyway.  She rode him until he was done, and then she and I both played around a bit with one of the girls, but I wasn't much into it.  Nor, I think, was she, really.  The more I think about it, I think she just didn't want to be alone with me that night.  


No comments: